Jason Callahan, MSc, CIH, CSP
Senior Health Scientist
Jason Callahan is a senior health scientist with professional experience in environmental emergency response, litigation support, industrial hygiene, and response management on over 100 responses and projects. He has experience serving a variety of industries including healthcare, transportation, petroleum, industrial facilities, and working within the National Incident Management System (NIMS) alongside federal, state, and local regulators on incidents of major national and international significance.
He specializes in providing scientific insight for the large amount of complex data generated during emergency responses and from routine health and safety programs. Using skills in software development/programing, relational database design and management, geographic information systems (GIS), and data visualization, he provides analysis of complex, difficult-to-report data in a meaningful and easily understood manner. Additional skills include data quality control/analysis and data collection process management. Mr. Callahan also supports clients by conducting and consulting for industrial hygiene assessments for chemical, biological, and physical hazards.
Mr. Callahan earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental, Soil, and Water Science from the University of Arkansas and a Master of Science (M.Sc.) from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Environmental and Occupational Health. He is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) through the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH).
- M.S., Environmental & Occupational Health, University of Arkansas for Medical Science, Little Rock, AR
- B.Sc., Environmental, Soil, & Water Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR
Past or Current Professional Affiliations
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene
Registrations & Certifications
- Certified Industrial Hygienist #11116
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- NIMS IS-700a and IS701a
- Railroad Specific Contractor Orientation and Training
- Certified Safety Professional