Katrina Jew, PhD
Katrina Jew is a toxicologist for CTEH, LLC. Her education and research experience is in environmental-, neuro-, and inhalation toxicology with a focus on the effects of particulate matter air pollution exposure. Her duties at CTEH include emergency response and litigation support.
- Ph.D. in Toxicology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 2019
- M.S. in Toxicology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 2016
- B.S. in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior Minor in Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, Davis, CA 2013
Registrations & Certifications
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification
- OSHA 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor training
- FEMA IS-100.C, IS-200.C, IS-700.B, IS-800.D, IS-201
- CPR/First Aid/AED OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER
- Society of Toxicology
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor’s Society
- American College of Toxicology
- Jew, K., D. Herr, C. Wong, A. Kennell, K. Morris-Schaffer, G. Oberdörster, M.K. O’Banion, D.A. Cory-Slechta, A. Elder. Selective memory and behavioral alterations after ambient ultrafine particulate matter exposure in aged 3xTgAD Alzheimer’s disease mice. Part. Fibre Toxicol. 16(1):45, 2019. PMCID:PMC6878709.
- Morris-Schaffer, K., A. Merrill, C. Wong, K. Jew, M. Sobolewski, D.A. Cory-Slechta. Limited developmental neurotoxicity from neonatal inhalation exposure to diesel exhaust particles in C57BL/6 mice. Part. Fibre Toxicol. 16(1):10, 2019. PMCID:PMC6322252.
- Morris-Schaffer, K., A. Merrill, K. Jew, C. Wong, K. Conrad, M. Sobolewski, G. Oberdörster, A. Elder, D.A. Cory-Slechta. Effects of neonatal inhalation exposure to carbon ultrafine particles on pathology and behavioral outcomes in C57BL/6 mice. Part. Fibre Toxicol. 16(1):10, 2019. PMCID:PMC6379948.