Tiffany Kornberg, PhD
Dr. Tiffany Kornberg is a toxicologist at CTEH, LLC, specializing in human health risk assessment for environmental and occupational exposures. She has expertise in occupational exposure modeling and particle characterization, and has conducted research focusing on carcinogenic and pro-fibrotic effects of various toxicants. She has also been involved in several published studies involving life cycle analysis and toxicity for nanomaterials. Dr. Kornberg recently earned her Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science from West Virginia University, and conducted all of her dissertation work at the West Virginia branch of CDC/NIOSH, which focuses on occupational safety and health related to industrial occupations.
- Ph.D., 2019 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
- B.S., 2014 Oregon State University Corvallis, OR
Registrations & Certifications
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER and current 8-Hour Annual HAZWOPER Refresher
- OSHA 8-Hour HAZWOPER Supervisor
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Protecting Human Research Participants (PHRP) and HIPAA Certification
- Incident Command System (ICS) 100/200, 300/400, 700/800
- Kornberg, T.G., Stueckle, T.A., Coyle, J., Derk, R., Demokritou, P., Rojanasakul, Y., Rojanasakul, L.W. “Iron oxide nanoparticle-induced neoplastic-like cell transformation in vitro is reduced with protective amorphous silica coating.” Chemical Research in Toxicology. 2019.
- Stueckle, T.A., Davidson, D.C., Derk, R., Kornberg, T.G., Batelli, L., Friend, S., Orandle, M., Wagner, A., Dinu, C.Z., Sierros, K.A., Agarwal, S., Gupta, R.K., Rojanasakul, Y., Porter, D.W., Rojanasakul, L. “Short-term pulmonary toxicity assessment of pre- and postincinerated organomodified nanoclay in mice.” ACS Nano. 12(3):2292-2310. 2018
- Kornberg, T.G., Stueckle, T.A., Antonini, J.A., Rojanasakul, Y., Castranova, V., Yang, Y., Rojanasakul, L.W. “Potential toxicity and underlying mechanisms associated with pulmonary exposure to iron oxide nanoparticles: conflicting literature and unclear risk.” Nanomaterials. 7(10), 307. 2017.
- Stueckle, T.A., Davidson, D.C., Derk, R., Kornberg, T.G., Schwegler-Berry, D., Pirela, S.V., Deloid, G., Demokritou, P., Luanpitpong, S., Rojanasakul, Y., Wang, L. “Evaluation of tumorigenic potential of CeO2 and Fe2O3 engineered nanoparticles by a human cell in vitro screening model.” NanoImpact. 6, 39-54. 2017.
- Babrak, L., Danelishvili, L., Rose, S.J., Kornberg, T., Bermudez, L.E. “The environment of Mycobacterium avium subsp. Hominissuis microaggregates induces synthesis of small proteins associated with efficient infection of respiratory epithelial cells.” Infection and Immunity. 83(2), 625-636. 2015.