Director, Response Management
Mr. Beck is an experienced project manager within the CTEH Toxicology Emergency Response Program (TERP) team. He has had direct involvement in crude oil spills, releases in chemical manufacturing facilities, chemical plant fires, and barge collisions. As a project manager, Mr. Beck coordinated CTEH resources on a scale ranging from individual responder to multi-state response with more than 100 personnel in support of work plans derived both by himself and by fellow health and safety leaders. Mr. Beck is experienced in assisting with the integration of high quality data within the command structure of responsible parties and regulators in order to drive well-informed safety and operational decisions. This level of management involves continuous coordination and communication of monitoring and sampling activities to clients, laboratories, and regulatory agencies. Mr. Beck also has experience working as a nuclear chemist for a pressurized water reactor nuclear power plant.
In 2023, Mr. Beck became CTEH's Director of Response Management where he is continuously working with our clients on the readiness and preparedness aspects of our industry.
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR
Registrations & Certifications
- HAZWOPER 40-Hour with annual refreshers, 2013 - Present
- HAZWOPER 8-Hour Supervisor, 2014
- First Aid/CPR, 2016
- e-Rail Safe Training, 2013 - Present
- TWIC, 2018
- UPRR, BNSF, Conrail, CN, NS Annual Contractor Trainings, 2013-Present
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800, 2014-2016
- SafeLandUSA/SafeGulf Basic Orientation, 2014
- Associate Safety Professional Certification, 2016